Protocol Labs - Remote
2 months ago
As a User Experience designer at Protocol Labs you will get to apply your talents to a range of products and experiments. Our R&D structure allows a lot of room to explore the UX possibilities that arise around the technologies we create. Some of your work will be very practical design, applied to software that's used by many thousands of people. Other work will be proofs of concept and open-ended explorations that you carry out with product teams.
Some examples of software you might (re)design are the IPFS web-based UI that ships with all IPFS nodes, client software for the Filecoin storage network, completely new tools for storing and sharing files, and the Interactive documentation for the many APIs and protocols we publish.
We are looking for someone who can be a thought leader, undertaking explorations into new territories, while also delivering practical designs in a fast-moving product driven context.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, End-Users and Software Engineers to design compelling experiences for our software products
- Participate in product teams throughout the iterative design-development cycle, advocating for users and delivering designs in a dynamic work environment
- Explore the UX implications of decentralized technologies, showing new possibilities to the world, and moving towards the establishment of UX conventions in this space
- A portfolio of designs and implemented software that shows an ability to create experiences that engineers can implement and end-users adore
- Experience working on a software team, delivering designs in an iterative, agile work environment
- Adept at applying and breaking the rules of web and desktop software interaction
- Familiarity with software accessibility requirements for web and desktop