Cisco - San Jose
17 days ago
What You'll Do
Cisco’s Corporate Strategy Office (CSO) is on the cutting-edge of innovation, fostering and capturing new opportunities at a lightning pace. The office is all about pioneering the future to lead market transitions, increase shareholder value, and help our customers succeed.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s Corporate Strategic Innovation Group (CSIG), part of CSO, is a high-energy, motivated team that shares a passion for all-things innovation. This includes our Innovation Centers, which are located around the world, where disruptive talent comes together to explore, discover and develop groundbreaking solutions to solve customers’ toughest challenges. CSIG is responsible for the exploration of emerging technologies, which includes Blockchain, drones, cognitive computing, AR / VR and other areas of interest. You will join an internal startup team within CSIG, developing an Enterprise Blockchain solution. We work through the whole software development lifecycle with a lightweight Agile approach. We use the latest tools and processes to ease our lives as developers with a strong focus in software quality.
Role & Responsibilities
- We are looking for an exceptional engineer to join us on the sprint that takes us from prototype to MVP. You will be an integral piece of the team, joining us at the earliest stage of the journey, and potentially beyond.
- You’ll be working hand in hand with our leadership team and many cross functional team leads.
- You may have a passion for hacked stuff on the blockchain already, maybe you even own some BTC. You may be looking for a unique and well thought out opportunity that will bring an exceptional piece of work to your portfolio.
- We have a high expectation of everyone who joins us; we are looking for people that enjoy tough challenges and take pride in their work.
- Work on cutting edge Blockchain technology as part of an internal start-up team
- Will be responsible for analysis, design and implementation of core Enterprise Blockchain software Develop beautiful, maintainable code, with test driven CI/CD development
The Minimum Qualifications For This Role Are
- A degree in Computer Science / Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same subject matter
- Experience developing traditional distributed systems - Have practical experience developing on Blockchain platforms such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.
- Extensive experience working with cryptographic protocols
- Prior peer technology work for the Bitcoin network (not required, but a plus)
- Strong experience of cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud. Especially technologies such as EC2, S3, Kubernetes, Docker and Elastic Search
- Experience in delivering scalable distributed computing with fault tolerance
- Expert skills and experience working in OO languages such as C++, Go, Scala and C#
- Node.js Experience with RDBMS or NoSQL databases.
- Understanding of the cryptographic principles underpinning of Bitcoin 2.0 and Blockchain technologies
- Interest in Blockchain technologies
- Unix environment and Bash scripting
- RESTful API design and implementation and messaging system experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and network protocols
- Understanding of various distributed consensus methodologies (Mining, PoS, Paxos, etc) Understanding of cryptography, including asymmetric (pub/priv key), symmetric, hash functions, encryption/signatures
- Experience building applications using any of the following (or similar) languages Python, C, C++, C#, golang, Rust, Haskell, or Erlang
- Active demonstrable interest in Bitcoin, distributed systems, DHTs or cryptography
- Knowledge of serverless architecture would be a benefit
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures - Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Passionate about problem solving
- Excellent communicator
- Value judgment and common sense over process
- Proactive and able to learn quickly
- Awareness of NoSQL database technologies
- Experience of financial markets, OTC derivatives, contracts, IoT, Supply Chain, etc
- Experience of cryptography such has public key encryption, KMI
- Experience in Blockchain technologies, P2P and smart contracts
- Opensource advocacy and participation
- Have a collaborative mind set and enjoy sharing Blockchain knowledge with other developers
- Have exceptional communication skills and a passion for Blockchain development
- Ideally some self-taught experience of using Hyperledger or Ethereum
- Experience of working with design thinking techniques in iterative sprints is an advantage to this role
Our Desired Skills Are
- Ability to think and operate as a team player
- Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to learn complex technologies quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment