Chain - San Francisco
3 months ago
Chain is the leading blockchain technology provider for financial services. Our goal is to combine cryptography, distributed systems, and great product design into a natively digital medium for money and other assets.
The product engineering team at Chain is responsible for anything our users interact with. Since Chain is an enterprise software company, this means crafting a first-class experience for developers, as well as working with our partners on solutions for the next generation of financial products and services. Product engineers work across the stack, on developer tools, client libraries, and end-to-end applications built on top of our core platform.
If you have sharp engineering skills, enjoy wearing many hats, and are focused on users, you'll enjoy working on our product engineering team.
We're looking for candidates who have
- Excellent generalist programming ability. You learn quickly and strive for simplicity.
- A solid understanding of web application fundamentals, including databases, application servers, browsers, and web security.
- Great communication skills. You speak and write with clarity, and have a high degree of empathy.
- Product instincts. You are eager to work alongside designers and PMs to produce the best user experience.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership. You finish what you start and keep a high standard of quality.
Nice to have
- Ruby (and Rails)
- Frontend frameworks such as React
- UI/UX design tools
- An opportunity to work with bright teammates on ambitious technology that has concrete, real-world applications
- A team culture that prioritizes inclusiveness and empathy
- Generous salary, equity, and benefits
- Excellent work-life balance, including a flexible vacation policy
- A beautiful, tree-house style office in Hayes Valley
- Team lunch every day
- Gym/fitness reimbursements