Integration Tester / Software QA
Slock.it - Berlin/Mittweida
3 months ago
Slock.it is an innovative, award-winning German startup in a unique position to be able to scale rapidly. Using blockchain technology, we connect any object as part of one global, Universal Sharing Network to make it simple to rent, sell and share unused assets.
We are looking for talented individuals with a proven track record in end-to-end Software and Application Testing, with a keen focus on helping deploy stable, missing critical systems. We require a strong proficiency in testing APIs, and a proven track record at least two languages (Rust, C or C++). The successful applicant should also be with fairly comfortable with higher level languages such as Node.js, Python, Go, etc.
Your primary focus will be in the writing of test suites for our server APIS, taking into account their stability and performance. There is also a strong angle on P2P networking and integration within blockchain clients such as Parity. Development experience is also a must, as this very much a ‘hands-on’ role.
Blockchain competency is preferred but not a must. Having experience in the Parity Client, in particular, would be a major plus, for example.
You will work in a team with blockchain and software engineers led by a Project Manager. There is extensive room to grow with this role, and the position is not limited to client delivery, and could eventually lead to internal re-deployment, in particular in the of IoT devices and ‘smart home’ space where Slock.it is currently developing unique solutions.
- Generating a complete test suite for our blockchain + IoT solution as part of a team of 2 other testers and 2 software engineers
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable test code including stress, performance, functional and scalability testing
- Debug P2P networking and integration within blockchain clients such as Parity
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and define ‘hands-on’ solutions to these problems, including submitting patches to github
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization as part of our CI environment
- Liaise with 3rd party software development teams to ensure hardware and software synergies - leading to specs and documentation optimization.
- Generating a set of acceptance test requirements, together with the designers, test engineers, and the user, which will determine that all of the hardware and system requirements have been met
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
- A degree in Computer Science, a related field or extensive equivalent practical experience is a plus but not required.
We, however, expect a proven track record demonstrating:
- Three or more years of demonstrated experience in testing and quality assurance (QA) activities (stress, performance, scalability)
- Strong proficiency in at least two languages (Rust, C or C++)
- Fairly comfortable with higher level languages such as Node.js, Python, Go, etc. in the context of testing applications
- Experience in one or more automation frameworks such as Robot, Selenium, Cucumber.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and with continuous integration
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle as part of an agile process (SCRUM)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - fluency in English and German are a plus
"Good to have" include:
- Embedded Device testing
- Low-level Linux (Arch, Ubuntu Core) testing
- Experience with Blockchains, in particular, Ethereum
- Hands on experience with Blockchain clients, specifically Parity
What to expect:
- You will be an integral part of a proven, successful team that has garnered extensive attention in the IT sector, especially in Germany
- You will be part of a very rapidly growing team. We cannot think of a better opportunity if you enjoy being part of the excitement that accompanies such growth
- Everyone at Slock.it wears multiple hats - this can be challenging for candidates that come from a large corporate background where staff are assigned single tasks
- Overall, your goal will be to work to build the Slock.it application ecosystem overall - you'll need to be ready to stay flexible as goals are certain to change as the company evolves
- The team will not be large at first, as we are growing the company. You need to be comfortable initially working in a growing environment starting with limited resources.
Applying for the role
We are result driven and expect you to demonstrate your experience as part of your application. CVs alone will not be considered.
Please provide an overall explanation as to why you will be a good candidate for the role. This should be at least the length of half an A4 page.
Please provide any supporting documents that would help us gauge your qualification. This could also include testing documents you have written, recommendations from previous employers, etc. Be creative - but we do expect a proven track record.