Front-end Product Engineer
Blockstack - New York
3 months ago
Blockstack is building a new decentralized internet where users control their data and apps run without remote servers.
At Blockstack you will play a key role in an open-source project that is serious about technology and internet infrastructure.
Blockstack is building a new decentralized internet where users control their data and apps run without remote servers. Developers build apps on our full stack platform and users download our browser portal to access the decentralized internet and get started.
On the traditional internet, we’re highly dependent on third parties, our data is vulnerable, and power and profits consolidate within the hands of a few. With the decentralized internet on Blockstack, data and power is in the hand of the end users and everyday developers.
Blockstack is a global, open source community with over 2,500 developers and over 70,000 users. It was co-founded by Muneeb Ali and Ryan Shea in 2013 at Princeton and the core team is based in New York City and Hong Kong.
We recently raised a $4M Series A and are grateful to have the confidence of investors like Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, Shana Fisher, and Naval Ravikant.
More about us
- We’re located in a cozy office in the lovely NoHo district of Manhattan.
- We’re both an open source project and a startup, so transparency is important to us.
- We’re passionate about making the internet freer and safer for everyone and you should be, too.
About the role
Blockstack is looking for a passionate and collaborative Front-End Product Developer to help build our browser portal to the decentralized internet. At Blockstack you will play a key role in an open-source project that is serious about technology and internet infrastructure.
- Build out the Blockstack browser portal, to be used by developers and everyday users.
- Keep our users happy by maintaining the software, troubleshooting and fixing bugs.
- Deliver on rapid implementation schedules (without compromising on smart development goals and principles) to build web functionality that is functional, fast, and scalable.
You are obsessed with creating software for an excellent user experience, are familiar with the pace of a start-up going into a growth phase.
- Experience with open source software
- Excellent problem-solving skills and are enthusiastic about taking on challenges
- Detail-orientation throughout the web engineering lifecycle
- Ability to work in a rapid environment with little supervision
- Passion for delivering high-quality web functionality with quick turnaround times
Nice to have
- Experience with React, Redux, Swift and Objective-C
- 5 commits to a top open source project
- An open source project on GitHub with 25+ stars
Compensation and benefits
Blockstack offers a competitive salary, employer sponsored health insurance, free daily lunch, a free computer along with accessories to fit your requirements, a professional development budget, a casual workplace, and the standard 2 weeks vacation plus 5 sick days and national holidays.
Send an email twith (1) a link to your GitHub profile and examples of past work (2) why you want to help build the new decentralized internet (3) any questions you have for us. We’d love to hear from you!