Consensys - London
2 months ago
ConsenSys is seeking an experienced Community Manager to create an active and engaged community of technologists, entrepreneurs, and product enthusiasts in the region, while positioning ConsenSys as a thought leader in all things blockchain / ethereum. The successful candidate will be able to quickly develop a strong understanding of blockchain technology, the Ethereum platform and ConsenSys’s value proposition and entire suite of products and services, and become an ambassador, educator and evangelist on all. The Community Manager must have excellent understanding of the marketplace and competitive landscape, blockchain early adopters, both B2B and B2C applications of blockchain, and blockchain for social impact. This will help you build the community and business development efforts across multiple industry verticals and use cases.
The Community Manager will be responsible for:
Developing and managing strong relationships at government agencies, foundations and institutions to expand the community within a city or country
Educating regulators on how to oversee blockchain usage/deployments to pave the way for large-scale adoption of blockchain technologies in both the public and private sectors
Build out the community through successful engagement of local corporations, academic institutions, technologists and entrepreneurs in the region
This may include, but is not limited to activities such as:
Planning and managing events, conferences and hackathons
Conducting educational webinars, giving interviews to the media, or speaking at conferences and events
Establishing and growing engagement levels through social media or marketing
Partnering with ConsenSys Academy to conduct training seminars to grow the community base
Working closely with our Partnerships teams - both Technical and Non-Technical (universities, governments, institutions, foundations) - to capitalize on opportunities to build the community based on our research, white papers, university engagements or technical partnerships
Identifying business development opportunities generated by Community efforts and making appropriate introductions to colleagues in Enterprise Sales, ConsenSys Intelligence consulting or one of ConsenSys’ venture studio companies
Identifying content marketing campaigns (on-site, social, and guest posting), press and communications opportunities for your marketing, PR and communications colleagues
The right person for this role will feel comfortable learning new technologies quickly, frequently testing and iterating on their ideas, and scaling things that work to maximize results.
A successful community manager must be scrappy, self-reliant, and has a knack for understanding what motivates and grows communities, and how to develop B2B and B2C businesses across the blockchain ecosystem.
- Manage regional community budget
- Participate in weekly Global Community team meeting
- Raise brand awareness by driving community engagement via outreach and education on: Blockchain, ethereum, -
- Spoke Capabilities, regionally focused academy training
- Liaise with Head of Technical Partnerships and Head of Non-Technical Partnerships to leverage/publicize research, white papers etc. from Global or for a Region
- Develop strategy for booths at events and conferences
- Partner with Marketing/PR/Communications to manage/coordinate all regional events
- Arrange for branded physical booths and/or necessary technical equipment and setup (computers, power, demos, etc.)
- Manage all arrangements, including contracting/negotiating rates with local space providers (hotels, etc.) and travel/transportation providers for attendees, as well as methods to track attendance, post event surveys, etc.
- Coordinate event logistics with support of Marketing Manager
- Initially build out the regions government community first, then expand to corporates or other institutions within the city, then across region.
- Create a set of KPIs and dashboards for tracking performance and expansion of the community in a city, and ultimately across region.
- Identify and coordinate programming and events (such as Meetups and hackathons) best aimed at growing our community and increasing the visibility of our developer tools, products and services
- Work closely with the internal startups incubated at ConsenSys to deploy a blueprint for bootstrapping new communities for their product, tool or service
- Identify and execute creative campaigns to increase the visibility of blockchain, Ethereum, and Solidity programming in the developer community, and create a top of funnel process
- Help develop and market ConsenSys educational programs (such as ConsenSys Academy) to reach, engage, and grow a community of dedicated developers
- Create a funnel of candidates for recruiting teams via community development efforts and events
- 3-5 years of experience in a product management, marketing, or business development/strategy role.
Technical Bonus Skills:
- Experience working with Blockchain technology, decentralized systems
- Skilled at Google Analytics, Social Media tools, Google docs and drives, Slack, Quip and Zoom
- Must have excellent listening, verbal and written skills and be able to communicate effectively to a diversity of constituents with varying degrees of understanding of ConsenSys, blockchain and Ethereum
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships with clients at all levels in an organization
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assessing individual’s responsibilities and decision-making ownership within an organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across teams to make things happen
- Demonstrated success in taking a service oriented approach and high level of ownership
- Excellent social and networking skills, with the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business needs
- Ability to promote the merits of our products internally and externally.
- Ability to travel 10-25+% may be required
- Experience creating content that drives engagement and lead generation
- Interested in blockchain technology
- Experience with analytics tools and platforms for measuring success
- Experience planning and hosting in-person events and meetups to hit strategic goals
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- High degree of end-user empathy and ability to envision and understand how they will interact with a blockchain product or service and what will and won’t appeal to them
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and an unfailingly positive attitude