Application Developer - Blockchain
IBM - Washington D.C.
2 months ago
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to discover new technologies and expand your skills. Do you want to be part of a highly talented team working with new and emerging technologies new business models that improve people's lives? IBM Global Business Services is looking for BlockChain Developers with experience in Financial Markets and one or more of the Blockchain technology platforms, such as Ethereum, Hyperledger, Ripple (and other equivalents) to join our innovative team.
As our customer's needs grow and change, IBM is committed to developing a workforce that can grow and change accordingly. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, flexible team members who will embrace the opportunity and want to be at the forefront of driving change in a working environment that enables smarter, collaborative, fact-based decisions, improves productivity and efficiency, and drives results while working in a dynamic team environment.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working directly with teams and clients in the Public Sector to develop and implement Blockchain based solutions.
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering complex Distributed Ledger/Blockchain technology applications
- Testing and deploying a Blockchain solution through all phases of a development life cycle
- Ensuring Blockchain solutions adhere to accepted customer design
- Supporting business development teams to conceptualize and develop relevant use cases, proof-of-concepts (POC), and proof-of-value (POV)and support proposal writing activities
- Working cooperatively with teams to accomplish project work in an efficient and quality manner
- Interacting with clients to define/develop innovative solutions to key business problems
- BSc in Computer Science or Math
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- At least 6 months of experience modifying and extending Bitcoin core or related codebase
- At least 6 months experience developing Blockchain applications or proof-of-concepts (POCs) using Hyperledger, Ethereum Solidity or other proprietary language and APIs.
- At least 1 years of experience developing applications using cloud based platforms/micro-services
- At least 1 years of experience managing client relationships in the financial services industry
- At least 6 months of experience in capital markets/investment banking and/or asset management
- 5 years experience programming in Java, C++, or C#
- Proficiency in Go Language
- Mobile application development is a plus